59. The Criteria of Emotional Maturity - William C. Menninger
William C. Menninger, MD
1. The ability to deal constructively with reality.
2. The capacity to adapt to change
3. A relative freedom from symptoms that are produced by
tensions and anxieties.
4. The capacity to find more satisfaction in giving than receiving.
5. The capacity to relate to other people in a consistent manor
with mutual satisfaction and helpfulness.
6. The capacity to sublimate, to direct one's instinctive hostile
energy to creative and constructive outlets.
7. The capacity and willingness to love yourself and others.