Outward Bound Ideas

Ideas from Bookgleaner@gmail.com - Also: http://Inwardboundpoetry.blogspot.com - http://Onwardboundhumor.blogspot.com - http://Homewardboundphotos.blogspot.com - And http://davidthemaker.blogspot.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: The City, On the edge

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

100. Quotes From Bibliotopia

Some Dorothy Parker Quotes:
All I need is room enough to lay a hat and a few friends.
Do me a favor. When you get home, throw your mother a bone.
I require only three things of a man. He must be handsome, ruthless and stupid.
It serves me right for keeping all my eggs in one bastard.
If you want to know what God thought of money, just look at the people he gave it to.
The woman speaks eighteen languages, and can't say "No" in any of them.
The transatlantic crossing was so rough the only thing that I could keep on my stomach was the first mate.

Some Tom Robbins Quotes:
A sense of humor, properly developed, is superior to any religion so far devised.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
The beauty of simplicity is the complexity it attracts

Some George Bernard Shaw Quotes:
Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
Parentage is a very important profession, but no test of fitness for it is ever imposed in the interest of children.
He knows nothing, and he thinks he knows nearly everything. That points to a political career.
A perpetual holiday is a working definition of hell.

Some Molière Quotes:
Of all the noises known to man, opera is the most expensive.
Writing is like prostitution. First you do it for love, and then for a few close friends, and then for money.

Some Stephen Leacock Quotes:
Many a man in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl.
I am a great believer in luck, and find the harder I work the more I have of it.
Men are able to trust one another, knowing the exact degree of dishonesty they are entitled to expect.
Writing is no trouble: you just jot down ideas as they occur to you. The jotting is simplicity itself - it is the occurring which is difficult.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home